Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Saving a Kitten is a major PAIN

I promise this is EDS related, it just starts with a cute story. ;) So, the other day I decided to be super-woman and save a kitten. If you have ever seen a kitten not all cute and sleeping you know they are quite fiesty. Well, this also means saving their little butts can be quite an interesting ordeal. There was a tiny kitten hopping from car to car engine to try to stay warm. It was getting dark and chances of it surviving the night, or another car engine weren't very good. So I went to snatch it from under the hood of this random guy's car before it could run away. The kitten apparently didn't take this as a friendly gesture and 18 tooth holes later, The kitten is safe and I have to get rabies shots. For the average person they are quite painful. When you are already considered to have chronic pain, this means you shouldn't plan on even having a fan blow on your skin without feeling like your skin is going to explode. I haven't felt this sore since the last time I had surgery... before the pain meds. However, I called my doctor and picked some medicine to help with that. Moral of the story? Avoid wild animals even if they are terribly cute... but carry leather gloves in case you have to save one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment