Sunday, February 24, 2013

Right after surgery (day 1)

I woke up bawling and my face was very swollen. They took a wedge shape bone from both sides of my upper jaw. I have stitches all of the way around my top gums and my nose has been bleeding pretty badly. I have to drink clear liquids for 24 hours. I learned that knowing some basic sign language is really useful. With the medicines they have me on, my hand writing is a hot mess sometimes and talking is not even an option.

The first picture is my first pic after waking up. The second is my dad rubbing my head. It felt really good. I was so sore. The third picture is me trying to learn how to "eat" from a syringe. It's a lot harder than it looks. I'm not wired shut but I have bands and can barely move my mouth. The hardest part is learning how to swollow with a different mouth shape. The fourth is me completely zonked out with ice tied to my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment