Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Independence

As I come to the end of college and that time when I really start my adult life, the frustration of not being able to be completely independent is rolling in. I feel like I'm a 16 year old girl stomping my feet and telling everyone "I'm an adult! You can't tell me what to do with my life!" but then I still need someone to help me get groceries when my body won't cooperate. Today it hit pretty strong when I went back to the heart doctor to talk about my new POTS diagnosis and I got upped to the highest level of the medicine I'm on. Oh, and did I mention I'm hooked up to a heart monitor for a good month? The battery of tests never ends. I get the heart monitor off just in time to have jaw surgery. *sigh. Anyone who thinks this disorder "isn't that bad" needs a reality check. I'm thankful for all of the things I CAN do but man oh man does EDS take a toll on your body and mind. The only thing it can't touch is your soul. Stay strong my EDS-ers.
I'll post two this week to give you something you can actually share with others or that will help you in form.

Stay bless ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment