Tuesday, March 5, 2013

And We're Back...

The EDS train makes it's appearance yet again. I don't know why I thought I could go this long with out moving regularly and not have any issues. My feet and knees have been having some difficulty but I figured it was just from sleeping with my joints in awkward positions all day for about a week straight. Good meds=good sleep. Well last night my leg decided it had had enough and the pain woke me up out of a dead sleep. I was in so much pain and it was spasming so hard that I couldn't keep it straight. I've been staying with my family since surgery so I didn't have my compression socks or braces here so I ended up sleeping in some tight wool Browning socks with a heating pad on my leg. It's doing a lot better today but man oh man did I think I was dying last night. I was in  that mind set of "ER vs Sleep" - where I'm so tired that doing anything sounds like a bad idea but not going to the ER could kill me. So once I was sure I wasn't dying of a blood clot or an embolism I went back to bed. Positive thought: at least my legs work?

No comments:

Post a Comment